Since 1 April 2011, certification by BEAM Plus is one of the prerequisites for the granting of gross floor area (GFA) concessions for certain green and amenity features in development projects.
As stipulated by the Residential Properties (First-hand Sales) Ordinance (Cap 621), for any new residential properties which has been granted with GFA Concessions in accordance to APP151 issued by Buildings Authority, its BEAM Plus assessment rating should be included under the section of Information in application for concession on gross floor area (GFA) of building in the sales brochures . In this regard, a Green Building Certification Label (Label) is provided for display in the sales brochures.
Types of Labels
There are four different stages in the BEAM Plus assessment process:
- Projects completed the registration and pending for the assessment process
- Projects completed Provisional Assessment with rating granted by the HKGBC
- Projects completed Preliminary Final Assessment with results granted by the HKGBC
- Projects completed Final Assessment with rating granted by the HKGBC
Four different sets of the Label are available for developers to incorporate in their sales brochures for respective project status and/or assessment rating. Upon successful registration, the HKGBC shall provide the Green Building Certification Label in jpg format to the applicant.
How to Apply?
1. Login to the BEAM Plus Project Online Account.
*Click "Forget Your Password?" to reset password with using primary email address.
*If you don't know the primary email address for password resetting, please contact HKGBC Secretariat at 3994 8813 or email email@example.com for assistance.
2. Click Apply Green Building Certification Label at top right corner.
3. Fill in the online form and submit.
Points to Note
1. Upon successful registration, HKGBC shall provide the artwork of Green Building Certification Label in jpg format to the Applicant by email upon satisfactory completion of an application form. As a condition to grant the use of the Label, the Applicant shall comply with the Technical Guideline of Green Building Certification Label which is available on the HKGBC website.
2. HKGBC may decline the application if the Applicant is unable to provide adequate and requested information. Re-submission is allowed upon all the needed details are included.
3. Applicant shall submit the soft copy of Sales Brochure by email firstname.lastname@example.org to HKGBC within two weeks once the printed version is ready for distribution.
|Technical Guideline of Green Building Certification Label on
Sales Brochure for Residential Properties (First-hand Sales) Ordinance
|Project Status||Format||Issue Date||Archive|
|For Registered projects (v2.4)||07.03.2018||20.07.2016|
|For projects completed Provisional Assessment (v2.3)||07.03.2018||20.07.2016|
|For projects completed Preliminary Final Assessment (v1.0)||03.05.2021||-|
|For projects completed Final Assessment (v2.3)||07.03.2018||20.07.2016|