22 Nov 2023
Retro-commissioning (RCx) - 3rd Public Seminar
The Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC) is pleased to support the RCx Public Seminars organised by the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department (EMSD) and Environmental Campaign Committee (ECC) under the Carbon Neutrality Publicity Campaign 2022-2024.
As the ongoing impact of global warming causes abnormal weather events and rising temperatures, measures for mitigating climate should be implemented without delay. Increasing energy efficiency and energy saving is one of the simplest, most direct and effective ways to alleviate global warming.
Buildings account for about 90% of the electricity consumption in Hong Kong. The Government’s goal is to reduce the electricity consumption of commercial buildings by 30% to 40% and that of residential buildings by 20% to 30% from the 2015 level by 2050; and to achieve half of the above targets by 2035. Therefore, reducing the overall electricity consumption of buildings is one of the key decarbonisation strategies stated in the Government’s “Hong Kong’s Climate Action Plan 2050”.
Different installations in buildings may not perform as expected after extended use, due to various reasons including deviation between design and actual operation, change of usage, behavioural change of occupants, etc.
Retro-commissioning (RCx) is a systematic process to periodically check an existing building’s performance to identify operational improvements that can save energy and in-turn lower energy bills and improve the indoor environment.
In 2023 – 2024, four RCx Public Seminars will be organised in total. Speakers from different professional disciplines (e.g. academia, consultant, contractor/service provider, etc.) will share their precious knowledge and experience in RCx to industry practitioners. The 3rd RCx Public Seminar will be held on 22 November 2023 (Wednesday).
|Event Name:||Retro-commissioning (RCx) - 3rd Public Seminar|
Ir Dr Paul SAT, Ir Dr Conrad WONG, BBS, JP, Mr Timothy LOK and Ir Gary CHIANG
|Date:||22 Nov 2023|
|Time:||3:00pm – 5:30pm|
This course will be conducted in the form of webinar via Zoom.
2 CPD hours will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro/ BEAM Affiliate Individual Accounts.
For RCx Professionals and RCx Practitioners, please log in your accounts and upload the certificate of attendance to claim 2 CPD hours.
Free of Charge
Free of Charge (Non-HKGBC members)
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
|Language:||Cantonese (Supplemented with English materials)|
- Seats are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Upon submission through this Online Registration Form, a seat is reserved for you.
- Event reminders with Zoom Webinar ID will be provided around a week before the event.
- The URL to join the webinar is unique to the email account that you have registered with. Please do not forward the link to other email accounts.
- No Show / Cancellation – Cancellation must be made by email to [email protected] on or before 21 November 2023 12:00 noon. Please quote your registration number in the email.
- Certificate of attendance will be issued by email around a week after the event.
- The CPD hour(s) will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate Individual Accounts around a week after the event. For RCx Professionals and RCx Practitioners, please log in your accounts and upload the certificate of attendance to claim 2 CPD hours.