17 Nov 2023
CPD Event - Technical visit to Golik Steel Reinforcing Bar Prefabrication Yard
Registration starts at 11:00am on 25 October 2023 (Wednesday)
Limited seats. First come, first served.
Organised by the Hong Kong Green Building Council in collaboration with Golik Steel (HK) Ltd
In recent years, the construction industry in Hong Kong has been increasing efforts to implement off-site prefabrication as it is an eco-efficient and “circular economy” type of method that can effectively reduce waste. One of the methods that are gaining popularity is the off-site prefabrication of steel bars that are used in reinforced concrete structures.
Golik was established in 1977 and rapidly emerged as one of Hong Kong’s leading suppliers of steel reinforcement. In 2019, Golik’s Tai Po plant and Tsing Yi plant were accepted by the Civil Engineering and Development Department as approved steel reinforcing bar prefabrication yards. Golik Tai Po plant is an approved steel reinforcing bar prefabrication yard that supplies prefabricated reinforcement cages by automated machines.
Throughout the visit, participants would be able to understand the state-of-the-art technology on the use of automation equipment to form steel reinforcement bars, its quality control and operation management system for environmental protection and waste reduction.
Remarks: Participants are advised to bring their own safety helmets
|Event Name:||CPD Event - Technical visit to Golik Steel Reinforcing Bar Prefabrication Yard|
Representatives from Golik Steel (HK) Ltd
|Date:||17 Nov 2023|
|Time:||3:30pm - 5:00pm|
Golik Steel (HK) Ltd, 3 Dai Shing Street, Tai Po Industrial Estate, Tai Po
(Assemble point: MTR Tai Po Market Station)
1.5 CPD hours will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro/ BEAM Affiliate Individual Accounts.
HK$200.00 (Non-HKGBC members)
|Contact Person:||Mr Leo CHENG|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
1. For BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate: Once you entered the valid BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate number during registration, member price will be entitled. Please register by clicking "Register (for BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate or non-member)".
2. Seats are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Upon submission through this Online Registration Form, a seat is reserved for you. Successful registrants will receive an email confirmation with details in due course.
3. Waiting List – Kindly inquire by email at [email protected] and we will contact you if a seat becomes available.
4. No Show / Cancellation – Cancellation must be made by email to [email protected] with justification on or before 10 November 2023, 12:00 noon. Please quote your registration number in the email. There is NO refund on absence from the event and cancellation made after the deadline.
5. Please be punctual. Latecomers will NOT be picked up and will NOT be allowed to join the visit.
6. The event will be cancelled when the Typhoon Signal No.8 or above, Black Rainstorm Signal or Extreme Conditions is hoisted at 12:00 noon.
7. All participants shall follow the safety rules laid down by the site's responsible person.
8. HKGBC will arrange personal accident insurance for participants within the age range 18-75. Persons outside this range may procure their own insurance if deemed necessary.
9. Participants should note that neither HKGBC nor the parties concerned would accept liability in connection with this event.
10. If you feel unwell, have fever or any sickness symptoms, please refrain from joining the visit. Refund of fee will be arranged by HKGBC upon presentation of doctor’s certificate.