03 Jun 2023
Skills Upgrading Series for Green Building Practitioners - (8) Sustainable Urban Planning and Social Impact Assessment (3 and 24 June 2023)
Co-organised by the Hong Kong Green Building Council and BEAM Society Limited.
Organised by the Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC), the series of Skills Upgrading courses are designed to give participants continuing education that is more in-depth than traditional CPD webinars. The first round of this Skills Upgrading programme started in March 2021 and was concluded in February 2022. From August 2022 to December 2023, another round of Skills Upgrading courses will be organised again by the HKGBC to enable practitioners to construct individual programmes of weekend studies that meet their development needs.
Course No. 8: Sustainable Urban Planning and Social Impact Assessment
This “Sustainable Urban Planning and Social Impact Assessment” course, which consists of two half-day lectures totalling 6 hours and is co-organised with BEAM Society Limited, will cover the following topics:
- Urban planning: concepts of sustainable built environment, strategic urban planning, net zero city, planning and design for net zero districts
- Planning for climate change: concepts of climate adaptation and resilient city, planning and urban design for climate-resilience, life cycle carbon management
- Social Impact Assessment (SIA): concepts, approaches and procedures, SIA applications in urban renewal and BEAM Plus Neighbourhood
- Low-carbon transport: driving forces for urban transport carbon emissions, life cycle carbon management, smart technologies in transportation systems
- Community engagement: SDG11 Sustainable cities & communities, implications of community engagement, community net zero strategy
- Socio-economic study: Cost-benefit analysis and stakeholder analysis, frontiers and challenges of climate related disclosure and ESG reporting, policy & regulation innovations
- Related credits in BEAM Plus NB v2.0 and ND v1.0 to be briefed by BSL staff
Persons who have not received formal training in SIA or urban planning. Participants who have attended the same course on 6, 20 November 2021 (SIA) and 14, 28 August 2021 (Urban Planning) need NOT attend as the course contents are similar.
Date: 3 and 24 June 2023 (Saturdays)
Time: 9:00am - 12:30pm (Registration starts at 8:45am)
Venue: This course will be conducted in the form of webinar via Zoom
Dr Liang DONG, School of Energy and Environment and Department of Public and International Affairs, City University of Hong Kong
Mr Jimmy YAM, Assistant Manager (Project Assessment), BEAM Society Limited will conduct a 40-minute lecture on BEAM Plus on 24 June 2023 only
|Event Name:||Skills Upgrading Series for Green Building Practitioners - (8) Sustainable Urban Planning and Social Impact Assessment (3 and 24 June 2023)|
Dr Liang DONG, Mr Jimmy YAM
|Date:||03 Jun 2023|
|Time:||9:00am – 12:30pm (Registration starts at 8:45 am)|
This course will be conducted in the form of webinar via Zoom
6 CPD hours will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro/ BEAM Affiliate Individual Accounts.
HK$650.00 (Non-HKGBC members)
|Contact Person:||Mr Leo CHENG|
3 June 2023
24 June 2023
|Language:||Talk by Dr Liang DONG – Putonghua; Talk by Mr Jimmy YAM on BEAM Plus – Cantonese|
- Lecture notes will be issued in electronic form before each lecture.
- The organiser reserves the right to change the dates of the lectures in case of adverse weather conditions.
- No Show / Cancellation – Cancellation must be made by email to email@example.com on or before 1 June 2023, 12:00 noon. Please quote your registration number in the email. There is NO refund on absence from the event and cancellation made after the deadline.
- A ‘Certificate of Attendance’ will be issued if a participant fully attends a topic (i.e. both lectures are attended).
Persons who have attended 8 or more different subjects (can be counted from the first course launched in March 2021, which was the first round of courses) under the Skills Upgrading series may apply for a “Comprehensive Certificate of Attendance” from the Secretariat to signify their achievement.
- Members of BSL can also enjoy the Member price. For details, please contact BSL Secretariat.
Limited seats. First come first served.