10 Nov 2022
CPD Event - Green Retrofitting for Existing Building: Windows & Glazing (Case Sharing of CIC Green Product Certification's Product)
The webinar will be available at HKGBC CPD Online Training Portal (https://onlinecpdtraining.hkgbc.org.hk/) later after the event.
Please stay tuned.
This webinar is organised by the Hong Kong Green Building Council.
In Hong Kong, the building sector is responsible for approximately 90% of electricity consumption and 60% of the total carbon emissions in the territories. For commercial buildings, large glazing area represents more energy loss, which may account for the largest contribution to the total annual cooling energy consumption of a building in this hot and humid area. To address this issue, high thermal insulation fenestration products are developed to reduce buildings’ cooling and heating energy demand and improve the thermal comfort of occupants as well.
In recent years, the advanced vacuum insulation glazing (VIG) technology has been introduced into the glass market. In this webinar, we will bring together an construction industry specialist and academic to discuss how this latest technology can be applied in glazing retrofit project and showcase the energy-saving potential and the energy-lighting-thermal comfort performance of the vacuum glazing retrofit applications in commercial buildings in Hong Kong.
(1) Innovation Beyond Limits - New Era of Glass & Façade Engineering
Speaker: Ir Dr Dominic YU, Principal, Alpha Consulting Limited
Ir Dr Dominic YU is a Research & Engineering based specialist in glass & façade engineering, and non-linear integrated design & analysis. Before joining Alpha, Dr YU worked as Specialist Test Consultant and Approved Signatory of RED Façade and Fire HOKLAS Testing Laboratory. He obtained his Ph.D. in Civil Engineering (Structures) from Hong Kong Polytechnic University in 2003. He served as Technical Secretary for drafting the “Code of Practice for the Structural Use of Steel 2005” & 2011 versions and also compiled the Explanatory Materials for Buildings Department. Dr YU is the Professional Consultant for the Consultancy Study of “Code of Practice for Structural Use of Glass 2018” for Buildings Department. Apart from teaching activities at PolyU and CityU, he delivered a lot of technical seminars in various institutions for topics related to “Glass and Façade Engineering”.
(2) Building Vacuum Glass Glazing Retrofit for Existing Buildings – An Excellent Solution to Achieve Near Zero Carbon
Speaker: Mr Keith TSANG, Marketing Director, South Star Glass Limited
Mr Keith TSANG has more than 20 years of experience in float and architectural glass business. Prior to joining South Star, he was Regional Sales Director of Guardian Industries, the world’s leading architectural coated glass manufacturer. His main focus is mostly to introduce innovative glass solutions to HK and Mainland China market. Landmark Projects involved: Hong Kong Xiqu Centre, Hong Kong M+ Museum, London One Blackfriars Luxury Apartment Tower and Abu Dhabi International Airport
(3) Vacuum Glazing for Application in Buildings: A Prospective Energy Saving Technology
Speaker: Ir Prof. YANG Hong-xing, Professor, Department of Building Environment and Energy Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
Prof. YANG received his BEng in 1982 and MEng in 1985 from Division of HVACR Engineering of Tianjin University, China. He obtained his PhD in 1993 in the Mechanical Engineering Department, University of Wales College of Cardiff, UK. He is now leading the Renewable Energy Research Group (RERG) in the Department of Building Environment and Energy Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University. His research interests cover a number of R&D topics in renewable energy applications and energy saving in buildings including solar cell materials, solar photovoltaic integration in buildings, wind power, hybrid solar-wind power, ground-coupled heat pump technologies and indirect evaporative cooling. He has completed a number of research projects in recent years for local industry and governmental departments. He has received many awards from local and world organizations. He has supervised 41 PhD students (31 have graduated) as chief supervisor. He has over 500 academic papers and 7 professional books published including more than 300 SCI journal papers published. According to the ShanghaiRanking’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2016, he was on the list of 150 world most-cited researchers with impactful research in the disciplines of Civil Engineering. He was also a Highly Cited Researcher from 2017 to 2020 according to Elsevier. He is now serving the International Journal of Applied Energy as Senior Editor and other international journals as editorial board members.
|Event Name:||CPD Event - Green Retrofitting for Existing Building: Windows & Glazing (Case Sharing of CIC Green Product Certification's Product)|
Ir Dr Dominic YU, Mr Keith TSANG, Ir Prof. YANG Hong-xing
|Date:||10 Nov 2022|
|Time:||3:00pm - 4:30pm|
This CPD event will be conducted in the form of webinar via Zoom.
(An event reminder with Zoom Webinar ID will be provided at around 3 days before the event.)
1.5 CPD hours will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro/ BEAM Affiliate Individual Accounts.
Free of Charge
Free of Charge (Non-HKGBC members)
|Contact Person:||HKGBC Secretariat|
|Contact Email:||[email protected]|
|Language:||Cantonese/English (supplemented with English presentation materials)|
- For BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate: Once you entered the valid BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate number during registration, member price will be entitled. Please register by clicking "Register (for BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate or non-member)".
- Seats are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Upon submission through this Online Registration Form, a seat is reserved for you.
- At around a week before the event, email reminders of the event with the Zoom Webinar ID will be sent out to those who have successfully registered.
- The URL to join the webinar is unique to the email account that you have registered with. Please do not forward the link to other email accounts.
- No Show / Cancellation – Cancellation must be made by email to email@example.com on or before 8 Nov 2022 12:00 noon. Please quote your registration number in the email.
- Certificate of attendance will be issued by email at around a week after the event.
- The CPD hour(s) will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate Individual Account around a week after the event.
Limited seats. First come, first served.
Registration Deadline: 9 Nov 2022