03 Sep 2022
Skills Upgrading Series for Green Building Practitioners - (2) Applied Solar Energy in Buildings (3 and 24 Sep 2022)
The format will be changed to zoom
Co-organised by the Hong Kong Green Building Council and BEAM Society Limited.
Organised by the Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC), the series of Skills Upgrading courses are designed to give participants continuing education that is more in-depth than traditional CPD webinars. The first round of this Skills Upgrading programme started in March 2021 and was concluded in February 2022. From August 2022 to August 2023, another round of Skills Upgrading courses will be organised again by the HKGBC to enable practitioners to construct individual programmes of weekend studies that meet their development needs.
Course No. 2: Applied Solar Energy in Buildings
This “Applied Solar Energy in Buildings” course, which consists of two half-day lectures totalling 6 hours and is co-organised with BEAM Society Limited, will cover the following topics:
- The background and main drivers of renewable energy
- Working principles and different forms of solar cell technology
- Emerging technology such as printable cells, transparent PV windows and organic solar cells
- The world’s major PV module producers
- PV projects – solar farms, commercial and residential buildings
- Feed-in-tariff scheme of Hong Kong
- Optimising power output, matching with inverters
- Levelised cost of energy (LCOE)
- BIPV projects in HK and Mainland China and future developments
- BEAM Plus credits related to solar energy
Persons who have not received formal and structured training on solar energy. Participants who have attended the same course on 22 May 2021 and 5 June 2021 need NOT enrol as the course contents are similar.
Date: 3 September & 24 September 2022 (Saturdays)
Time: 9:00am - 12:30pm (Registration starts at 8:45am)
Venue: This course will be conducted in the form of webinar via Zoom
Prof. Angus HL YIP, Professor, Department of Materials Science & Engineering, School of Energy and Environment, City University of Hong Kong
Mr Jimmy YAM, Assistant Manager - Project Assessment, BEAM Society Limited
- 40-minute sharing on BEAM Plus credits related to Solar Energy in Buildings on 24 September 2022 only
|Event Name:||Skills Upgrading Series for Green Building Practitioners - (2) Applied Solar Energy in Buildings (3 and 24 Sep 2022)|
Prof. Angus HL YIP, Mr Jimmy YAM
|Date:||03 Sep 2022|
|Time:||9:00am – 12:30pm (Registration starts at 8:45 am)|
This course will be conducted in the form of webinar via Zoom
6 CPD hours will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro/ BEAM Affiliate Individual Accounts.
HK$770.00 (Non-HKGBC members)
|Contact Person:||Ms Chloe Shiu|
3 September 2022
24 September 2022
|Language:||Cantonese with English materials|
- Lecture notes will be issued in electronic form before each lecture.
- The organiser reserves the right to change the dates of the lectures in case of adverse weather conditions.
- No Show / Cancellation – Cancellation must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 2 September 2022, 12:00 noon. Please quote your registration number in the email. There is NO refund on absence from the event and cancellation made after the deadline.
- A ‘Certificate of Attendance’ will be issued if a participant fully attends a topic (i.e. both lectures are attended).
Persons who have attended 8 or more different subjects (can be counted from the first course launched in March 2021, which was the first round of courses) under the Skills Upgrading series may apply for a “Comprehensive Certificate of Attendance” from the Secretariat to signify their achievement.
- In view of the development of COVID-19 epidemic situation, the course may switch to virtual mode when necessary.
- Members of BSL can also enjoy the Member price. For details, please contact BSL Secretariat.
Limited seats. First come first served.