16 Sep 2022
CPD Webinar - Building the Zero Carbon City: What materials are needed to achieve Carbon Neutrality
The webinar will be available at HKGBC CPD Online Training Portal (https://onlinecpdtraining.hkgbc.org.hk/) later after the event.
Please stay tuned.
This webinar is organised by the Hong Kong Green Building Council.
In this webinar, an overview of CIC Green Product Certification will be delivered to encourage the implementation of green procurement in the industry.
We will bring together three construction industry specialists to compare the advantages of the main materials used by the building construction industry in Hong Kong, and address how construction materials can contribute to achieving low carbon building targets.
(1) Manufacturers' mission in producing sustainable, environmental-friendly and safe plant-based building products
Speaker: Ms May CHAI, General Manager, Canica Building Materials Ltd.
Ms May CHAI has been in the manufacturing industry of timber and bamboo building products for over 20 years. Her company specialises in the manufacturing of sustainable, environmental-friendly and safe building products, i.e., commercial flooring/decking, sports flooring, staircase components, mouldings, etc., for overseas export and local markets. She also works with global sports industry leaders like FIBA and BWF in producing eco-friendly and safe sports flooring systems which meet international standards. May’s experiences that range from manufacturing FSC certified, Green Product certified and safe building products to actual installation in the construction industry would be valuable to us.
(2) Sustainable paints and coatings: transform your home into a Tree
Speaker: Ms Marina PEREZ, Business Developer, Graphentone
Ms Marina PEREZ is a marketing and international trade professional. Passionate about sustainability and design, her background spans international business consulting experiences in Spain and the United States in various sectors, including interior design and decoration. As Business Developer at Graphenstone, she manages the expansion of the firm internationally, developing the distribution network globally and coordinating different players in the construction of sustainable projects.
(3) Bamboo in Building Contruction
Speaker: Mr Alex CHUI, Managing Director, Bamboo International (Group) Co. Ltd.
Mr Alex CHUI is the Managing Director of BIL. Alex has over 30 years of experience in the real estate and building industry. After a highly successful professional career in real estate development and investment and taking up senior management positions in world-leading real estate and investment organisations, including Sun Hung Kai Properties, Portman Holdings, Prologis and Tishman Speyer, Alex decided he would dedicate his next phase of life to environmental sustainability. He has chosen to promote the application of bamboo in our daily life, not just because of the sustainable nature of the material, but the bamboo industry in China is also a policy direction to improve the livelihood of farmers. Bamboo promotion is a win-win endeavour environmentally, socially, and commercially.
(4) Bamboo & Environment
Speaker: Dr DONG Liang, Assistant Professor, City University of Hong Kong
Dr DONG Liang is currently an Assistant Professor at the City University of Hong Kong. His research interests include life cycle assessment, carbon footprint, circular economy and their applications in urban sustainability. He is one of the most productive and active scholars in the field with over 120 publications. He has engaged in multiple level sustainable industries and cities projects in EU, Japan and Mainland China, and acted as consulting expert for UN-ESCAP, UNIDO, Energy Foundation (USA), Korean Industrial Complex Cooperation (KICOX), European Federation of Chemical Engineering (EFCE), etc. He is also the associate editor of the journal Cleaner Environmental Systems (Elsevier) and Circular Economy and Sustainability (Springer Nature).
(5) Bamboo & Science
Speaker: Dr FAN Rong, Visiting Assistant Professor, City University of Hong Kong
Dr FAN Rong is currently a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the City University of Hong Kong (CityU), and an Associate Research Professor at the Shenzhen Research Institute of CityU. She received a PhD degree from the Dalian University of Technology (China). During her PhD period, she studied at Northwestern University (US) for two and a half years. Before joining CityU, she was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Automotive Engineering at Dalian University of Technology. Her research interests focus on bio-inspired structure, green technology, and advanced manufacturing. She has co-authored more than thirty papers in prestigious journals, including Science, Materials Today, and Nano Research.
|CPD Webinar - Building the Zero Carbon City: What materials are needed to achieve Carbon Neutrality
Ms May CHAI, Ms Marina PEREZ, Mr Alex CHIU, Dr DONG Liang, Dr FAN Rong
|16 Sep 2022
|3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This CPD event will be conducted in the form of webinar via Zoom.
(An event reminder with Zoom Webinar ID will be provided at around a week before the event.)
1.5 CPD hours will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro/ BEAM Affiliate Individual Accounts.
Free of Charge
Free of Charge (Non-HKGBC members)
- For BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate: Once you entered the valid BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate number during registration, member price will be entitled. Please register by clicking "Register (for BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate or non-member)".
- Seats are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Upon submission through this Online Registration Form, a seat is reserved for you.
- Please settle the fee before the event commences. At around a week before the event, email reminders of the event with the Zoom Webinar ID will be sent out to those who have successfully paid.
- The URL to join the webinar is unique to the email account that you have registered with. Please do not forward the link to other email accounts.
- No Show / Cancellation – Cancellation must be made by email to email@example.com on or before 12 Sep 2022 12:00 noon. Please quote your registration number in the email.
- Certificate of attendance will be issued by email at around a week after the event.
- The CPD hour(s) will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate Individual Account around a week after the event.
Limited seats. First come, first served.
Registration Deadline: 20 Sep 2022