05 Feb 2022
Skills Upgrading Programme for Green Building Practitioners - (12) Noise and Vibration in Sustainable Built Environment
Collaboration Partner: School of Energy and Environment, City University of Hong Kong
This training programme has been designed to provide CPD education that is more in-depth and structured than traditional talks or seminars. Graduates in employment or experienced practitioners in the industry can construct individual programme of weekend studies that meet their own needs. Whether you would like to look for a focused treatment of an area beyond your first degree, a knowledge update in an area subject to rapid changes, a re-orientation to areas new to your scope of experience, or simply a broadening of knowledge, there are a variety of subject courses that meet your needs.
The programme offers a wide range of subject choices that span across key elements in the topic of green or sustainable building, including energy and carbon, indoor environment, outdoor environment, community aspects, materials and waste, building maintenance as well as climate change.
Taught by experienced faculty from the School of Energy and Environment at the City University of Hong Kong, this programme will also serve as an ‘appetiser’ for those considering to pursue post-graduate studies. Upon completion of the courses, participants will be able to gain a basic understanding of the subjects, which serves as a good foundation for further studies.
(12) Noise and Vibration in Sustainable Built Environment
This module will introduce students to the fundamentals of sound, vibration and noise. Participants will learn about the basic science, engineering strategies and key regulations in Hong Kong related to noise and vibration.
What to cover: Sound, vibration and noise, hearing and the human response to noise and vibration, environmental noise, acoustics of the built environment, noise and vibration control
Learning Outcomes: Upon completion of the module, participants will be able to perform basic noise calculations and recommend solutions for common noise and vibration problems in the built environment.
Date: 5 Feb & 19 Feb 2022 (Sat)
Time: 9:30am - 12:45pm (Registration starts at 9:15am)
Venue: The programme will be conducted via Zoom.
Speaker: Dr Keith NGAN, Visiting Assistant Professor, School of Energy and Environment, City University of Hong Kong
Dr Keith NGAN is a fluid dynamicist. His research is focused on the numerical modelling of the urban environment. He obtained his PhD in Physics from the University of Toronto and subsequently worked at the University of Chicago, McGill University, and the Met Office, the UK's national weather service. At CityU, he has taught introductory courses on computer programming and climate change, as well as postgraduate courses on environmental modelling. He has a long-standing interest in noise, vibration and acoustics.
Acknowledgement and Disclaimer:
Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in the materials/events in relation to this training programme do not reflect the views of the Government.
|Event Name:||Skills Upgrading Programme for Green Building Practitioners - (12) Noise and Vibration in Sustainable Built Environment|
Dr Keith NGAN
|Date:||05 Feb 2022|
|Time:||9:30 am – 12:45 pm (Registration starts at 9:15 am)|
This CPD event will be conducted in the form of webinar via Zoom.
(An event reminder with Zoom Webinar ID will be provided around a week before the event.)
6 CPD hours will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro/ BEAM Affiliate Individual Accounts.
HK$160.00 (HKGBC Non-Members)
|Contact Person:||Mr Ben LAU|
- Entry requirement: Participants shall be practitioners in the construction industry with a bachelor’s degree / higher diploma in a built environment-related discipline.
- Lecture notes will be issued in electronic form before each lecture.
- The organiser reserves the right to change the dates of the lectures in case of adverse weather conditions.
- No Show / Cancellation – Cancellation must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 4 February 2022, 12:00 noon. Please quote your registration number in the email. There is NO refund on absence from the event and cancellation made after the deadline.
- A ‘Certificate of Achievement’ will be issued for each topic completed and passed. Passing means the attainment of more than 50% score at the quiz administered at the end of each subject course.
- A ‘Certificate of Attendance’ will be issued if a participant fully attends a subject (i.e. both lectures are attended) but is unable to pass the quiz.
Limited seats. First come first served.
For non-BEAM Pro registrants, please submit your proof of academic qualifications before registration at this LINK.