17 Dec 2021
CPD Webinar - CIC Green Product Certification owner experience sharing: A green solutions for cooling tower and water pump industry in Hong Kong
The webinar will be available at HKGBC CPD Online Training Portal (https://onlinecpdtraining.hkgbc.org.hk/) later after the event.
Please stay tuned.
This webinar is organised by the Hong Kong Green Building Council.
The webinar will provide an overview of the green solutions for cooling tower and water pump industry in Hong Kong, This green technology will significantly increase energy efficiency in global industrial sector, reduce energy demand, optimise production efficiency, improve environmental compliance, and enhance corporate sustainability efforts, with highlights on:
(i) A Green Cooling Tower Solutions, where does design application for energy and water efficiency of package cooling towers to low sound solutions and legionella risk management, and what is the industry doing about it;
(ii) What water pumps choices can be made to go green of the building, a look at other supply of high strength and good quality of pump products in Hong Kong;
(iii) Construction challenge of the recent green technology completed mega infrastructure and building projects using cooling tower and water pump.
(1) Welcome Speech
Speaker: Ir Franklin LAU, President, Hong Kong Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Association (HKACRA)
Ir Franklin LAU was elected as the President (2020-2022) of the Hong Kong Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Association Limited (HKACRA) in July 2020 at the Annual General Meeting.
HKACRA is a leading professional trade association in Hong Kong, the Association representing the interests of over 200 company members of Hong Kong ‘s air conditioning and refrigeration industry to government and other stakeholders, in 2021, HKACRA will enter its 60th Anniversary year.
President Lau is currently the Managing Director (BEP) of the Jardine Engineering Corporation (JEC). He is a Chartered Engineer, a fellow member of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers and the Institute of Mechanical Engineers.
President Lau has extensive business and management experience in the E&M and building services industry. To engage with global climate change, he developed a range of diversified solutions specialising in waste-to-energy technologies for the renewable energy sectors. He continues to develop more green energy products and solutions for the market.
(2) CIC Green Product Certification Assessment Standard of Cooling Tower and Water Pump
Speaker: Mr Steven CHIU, Engineer, Jardine Engineering Corporation
Mr Steven CHIU is an engineer with Jardine Engineering Corporation. In this CIC Green Product Certificate Scheme, he proficiently assisted his company to achieve platinum rating for his company HVAC products, pumps and cooling towers. He began working in the HVAC industry after he received his Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2012.
During the past decade, He has worked extensively with various building equipment & products including VRV, pumps and cooling towers. Recently, he is working on HVAC system for projects such as Tseung Kwan O Desalination Plant and Organic Waste Treatment Facilities. He is also a young committee member of ACRA.
(3) Green Solutions for Operational Excellence & Legionella Risk Management
Speaker: Ms Phaddra WONG, General Manager, MESAN Group
Ms Phaddra WONG is the General Manager of MESAN Group which specialises in design and manufacture of evaporative cooling towers to HVAC, Refrigeration and Industrial applications. Phaddra has over 20 years experience in business development and design application for energy and water efficiency of package cooling towers to low sound solutions and legionella risk management.
She is a frequent speaker internationally to promote sustainability solutions focusing on the technology for optimising efficiency of cooling towers and achieving operational excellence for continue improvement. Phaddra is committed to challenging the HVAC industry’s status quo and imparting good design practices for greater value in evaporative cooling.
(4) Technical seminar on pump engineering and the relation to green product
Speaker: Mr Kelvin FUNG, Executive Director, Hauken Engineering Co.,Ltd.
Mr Kelvin Fung is the Executive Director of Hauken Engineering Co.,Ltd. He has been working at Hauken for more than 18 years after obtained his Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Hong Kong in 2003. Hauken Engineering Co.,Ltd is the active pump supplier and engineering services company in HK and Macau region. Kelvin would like to take this opportunity to share his knowledge on pump engineering, and how the pump engineering can relate to green product certificate scheme for all audiences.
|Event Name:||CPD Webinar - CIC Green Product Certification owner experience sharing: A green solutions for cooling tower and water pump industry in Hong Kong|
Ir Franklin LAU, Mr Steven CHIU, Ms Phaddra WONG, Mr Kelvin FUNG
|Date:||17 Dec 2021|
|Time:||3:00 pm - 4:30 pm|
This CPD event will be conducted in the form of webinar via Zoom.
(An event reminder with Zoom Webinar ID will be provided at around a week before the event.)
1.5 CPD hours will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro/ BEAM Affiliate Individual Accounts.
Free of Charge
HK$50.00 (HKGBC Non-Members)
|Contact Person:||HKGBC Secretariat|
|Language:||Cantonese (supplemented with English presentation materials)|
- For BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate: Once you entered the valid BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate number during registration, member price will be entitled. Please register by clicking "Register (for BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate or non-member)".
- Seats are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Upon submission through this Online Registration Form, a seat is reserved for you.
- Please settle the fee before the event commences. At around a week before the event, email reminders of the event with the Zoom Webinar ID will be sent out to those who have successfully paid.
- The URL to join the webinar is unique to the email account that you have registered with. Please do not forward the link to other email accounts.
- No Show / Cancellation – Cancellation must be made by email to email@example.com on or before 22 July 2021 12:00 noon. Please quote your registration number in the email. There is NO refund on absence from the event and cancellation made after the deadline.
- Certificate of attendance will be issued by email at around a week after the event.
- The CPD hour(s) will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate Individual Account around a week after the event.
Limited seats. First come, first served.