06 Nov 2021
Skills Upgrading Programme for Green Building Practitioners - (9) Social Impact Assessment for Construction Projects
Collaboration Partner: School of Energy and Environment, City University of Hong Kong
This training programme has been designed to provide CPD education that is more in-depth and structured than traditional talks or seminars. Graduates in employment or experienced practitioners in the industry can construct individual programme of weekend studies that meet their own needs. Whether you would like to look for a focused treatment of an area beyond your first degree, a knowledge update in an area subject to rapid changes, a re-orientation to areas new to your scope of experience, or simply a broadening of knowledge, there are a variety of subject courses that meet your needs.
The programme offers a wide range of subject choices that span across key elements in the topic of green or sustainable building, including energy and carbon, indoor environment, outdoor environment, community aspects, materials and waste, building maintenance as well as climate change.
Taught by experienced faculty from the School of Energy and Environment at the City University of Hong Kong, this programme will also serve as an ‘appetiser’ for those considering to pursue post-graduate studies. Upon completion of the courses, participants will be able to gain a basic understanding of the subjects, which serves as a good foundation for further studies.
(9) Social Impact Assessment for Construction Projects
This module will teach participants how to conduct social impact assessment (SIA) for construction projects. We will also introduce how SIA could be applied to urban renewal projects in Hong Kong, and how SIA could help enterprises to support their ESG initiatives.
What to cover: Life cycle sustainability assessment, UN Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs), social impact assessment, sustainable construction management, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
Learning Outcomes: Understand the basic concepts and procedure of social impact assessment (SIA); Basically apply SIA for construction project evaluation; Understand the basic procedure of conducting SIA in urban renewal planning and projects.
Date: 6 Nov & 20 Nov 2021 (Sat)
Time: 9:30am - 12:45pm (Registration starts at 9:15am)
Venue: UOW College Hong Kong, 1/F, 83 Sa Po Road, Kowloon City, Kowloon
Speaker: Dr Liang DONG, Assistant Professor, School of Energy and Environment, City University of Hong Kong
Dr Liang DONG is an assistant professor at CityU. His research interests include circular economy, environmental and ecological economics, urban sustainability and their applications in sustainable urban development and construction management. He has engaged in a series of international urban projects in EU, Japan and China, as well as being consulting expert to UN-ESCAP, UNIDO, Energy Foundation, Korean Industrial Complex Cooperation, European Federation of Chemical Engineering and many local stakeholders as urban planner and manager. He is the associate editor for journal of Cleaner Environmental Systems and Circular Economy and Sustainability. He also acts as the board member for “Sustainable Urban System” section and “Industrial symbiosis and eco-industrial development” section under International Society of Industrial Ecology.
Acknowledgement and Disclaimer:
This training programme is subsidised by the Matching Grant Scheme for Skills Upgrading, which is one of the relief measures under the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region’s Anti-epidemic Fund.
Any opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in the materials/events in relation to this training programme do not reflect the views of the Government.
|Event Name:||Skills Upgrading Programme for Green Building Practitioners - (9) Social Impact Assessment for Construction Projects|
Dr Liang DONG
|Date:||06 Nov 2021|
|Time:||9:30 am – 12:45 pm (Registration starts at 9:15 am)|
UOW College Hong Kong, 1/F, 83 Sa Po Road, Kowloon City, Kowloon
(Entrance at Carpenter Road/ Kai Tak Road; Underneath of Billionnaire Royale)
(Exit B3, Sung Wong Toi MTR station)
6 CPD hours will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro/ BEAM Affiliate Individual Accounts.
HK$160.00 (HKGBC Non-Members)
|Contact Person:||Mr Elliott TAM|
- Entry requirement: Participants shall be practitioners in the construction industry with a bachelor’s degree / higher diploma in a built environment-related discipline.
- Lecture notes will be issued in electronic form before each lecture. Participants may decide whether to print them out or bring a mobile device to read the materials during the lecture.
- The organiser reserves the right to change to online mode in case of change in the COVID-19 situation, or change the dates of the lectures in case of adverse weather conditions.
- No Show / Cancellation – Cancellation must be made by email to email@example.com on or before 8 October 2021 12:00 noon. Please quote your registration number in the email. There is NO refund on absence from the event and cancellation made after the deadline.
- Participants will be required to sign a health declaration form and take body temperature measurement before entering the lecture premises. Participants with health issues on the date of the lecture are advised to stay home and refrain from taking the lecture. Those with doctor’s sick leave certificates will be refunded the amount paid.
- If the lecture premises are equipped with LeaveHomeSafe QR code, lecture attendees shall use the LeaveHomeSafe mobile app to scan the QR code when entering the premises.
- All lecture attendees are advised to observe social distancing requirements and to wear face masks during the lecture.
- A ‘Certificate of Achievement’ will be issued for each topic completed and passed. Passing means the attainment of more than 50% score at the quiz administered at the end of each subject course.
- A ‘Certificate of Attendance’ will be issued if a participant fully attends a subject (i.e. both lectures are attended) but is unable to pass the quiz.
Limited seats. First come first served.
For non-BEAM Pro registrants, please submit your proof of academic qualifications before registration at this LINK.