15 Jun 2021
CPD Webinar - Vision of a Green Hostel Village - Jockey Club Postgraduate Halls 2 & 3, CUHK
The webinar will be available at HKGBC CPD Online Training Portal (https://onlinecpdtraining.hkgbc.org.hk/) later after the event.
Please stay tuned.
This webinar is organised by the Hong Kong Green Building Council.
PEOPLE + ARCHITECTURE + NATURE
- Inclusive Community Design
- Response to Nature
- Biophilic Design and Landscape
- Energy-saving and Recycling
- Design for Wellness: Lighting, Ventilation, IAQ and Acoustics
- Design for Behavioral Changes: Consumption and Waste Management
- Smart Building and Green Purchasing
- UN SDGs and Covid-19 pandemics
CUHK pledges her commitment to continuously improve the environmental quality of the campus, putting the principles of sustainable design at the heart of campus development.
With a vision to promote, respect and connect people with architecture and nature, the hostel development aimed at creating an eco-habitat for Green Living and Education. In the Green Hostel Village, communal facilities were designed into clusters of various sizes and scales, giving an interesting fabric of community mall, open spaces, gardens and intimate courtyards to enrich user interactions and living experience.
Green Building technologies were fully adopted to maximize energy efficiency: Solar panels were installed to preheat water for the shower rooms, and rainwater recycling system re-used the water for irrigation. Through the greywater treatment system, wastewater from washing basins and shower rooms was re-used for flushing. Sky gardens and green roofs were also designed to reduce the heat island effect and to promote experimental farming in the habitat. These eco-friendly facilities helped to save annual water consumption up to about 38% and reduce energy usage by over 30% during the peak in summer. In recognition of its sustainable design and energy efficiency, the project was honored with Platinum rating under the BEAM Plus New Buildings [V1.2] assessment.
Mr Siu-man FUNG, Director of Campus Development, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Mr Siu-man FUNG, FHKIA, member of Green Building Faculty-HKGBC, Director of Campus Development of The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), is an award-winning professional with over 35 years’ experience in master planning, architecture and green building design. Mr FUNG graduated from HKU and Bartlett School-UCL; collaborators in his private sector and institutional services included e.g. ArchSD, FHB, HKGBC, Hospital Authority, CityU and Shangri-La Hotel etc.
With a vision to harmonize nature, architecture and people for wellness and sustainability, projects under Mr FUNG’s supervision were awarded with Hong Kong Institute of Architects Annual Awards, HKGBC Green Building Awards, short listed in World Architecture Festival and achieving top HKBEAM / BEAM Plus Platinum standard and Excellent Rating in indoor air quality assessments. In 2019, CUHK was also awarded the Pioneer Award - Green Building Leadership Category by HKGBC-HKPGBC.
|Event Name:||CPD Webinar - Vision of a Green Hostel Village - Jockey Club Postgraduate Halls 2 & 3, CUHK|
Mr Siu-man FUNG
|Date:||15 Jun 2021|
|Time:||5:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
This CPD event will be conducted in the form of webinar via Zoom.
(An event reminder with Zoom Webinar ID will be provided at around a week before the event.)
1 CPD hour will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro/ BEAM Affiliate Individual Accounts.
Free of Charge
HK$50.00 (HKGBC Non-Members)
|Contact Person:||Mr Elliott TAM|
|Language:||Cantonese (supplemented with English presentation materials)|
- For BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate: Once you entered the valid BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate number during registration, member price will be entitled. Please register by clicking "Register (for BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate or non-member)".
- Seats are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Upon submission through this Online Registration Form, a seat is reserved for you.
- Please settle the fee before the event commences. At around a week before the event, email reminders of the event with the Zoom Webinar ID will be sent out to those who have successfully paid.
- The URL to join the webinar is unique to the email account that you have registered with. Please do not forward the link to other email accounts.
- No Show / Cancellation – Cancellation must be made by email to email@example.com on or before 11 June 2021 12:00 noon. Please quote your registration number in the email. There is NO refund on absence from the event and cancellation made after the deadline.
- Certificate of attendance will be issued by email at around a week after the event.
- The CPD hour(s) will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate Individual Account around a week after the event.
Limited seats. First come, first served.