09 Feb 2021
CPD Webinar - Smart Battery for Smarter Construction - Leading to an Emission-free Future
The webinar will be available at HKGBC CPD Online Training Portal (https://onlinecpdtraining.hkgbc.org.hk/) later after the event.
Please stay tuned.
This webinar is organised by the Hong Kong Green Building Council.
This webinar will introduce an innovative smart battery system that has successfully replaced diesel generators on a number of construction sites in Hong Kong.
It was developed by an incubatee of the Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation, and CEMEX Ventures has named the company one of the Top 50 ConTech Startups 2020 in the construction technology ecosystem. The battery system is a lithium ion energy storage system, which is one of the first energy storage systems in the world that are purpose-built for construction sites. Compared with diesel generators, the system is smaller in size, nearly silent, will not emit dark smoke and will reduce carbon emissions by up to 85% or up to 200 tonnes per year. It can effectively lessen air pollution -- the equivalence to removing 200 to 400 passenger cars from the road. Noise and fire risk caused by diesel generators on construction sites are also eliminated. The intelligently designed system can provide greater data transparency. It gives important data for contractors to better understand the operation of construction machinery such as tower cranes and material hoists. In this webinar, the speaker will share with the audience interesting case studies with detailed data to illustrate the economic benefits of the system as well as its positive impacts on the environment.
Mr Matt CHAN, Head of Sales and Business Development, Ampd Energy
Matt is the Head of Sales and Business Development at Ampd Energy, a Hong Kong-based startup providing clean power sources for more than 30 construction sites in Hong Kong including those run by Gammon, Hip Hing, Paul Y and Chinachem. The company’s mission is to replace construction diesel generators with greener, safer and smarter battery systems to achieve an emission-free future for construction.
|Event Name:||CPD Webinar - Smart Battery for Smarter Construction - Leading to an Emission-free Future|
Mr Matt CHAN
|Date:||09 Feb 2021|
|Time:||5:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
This CPD event will be conducted in the form of webinar via Zoom.
(An event reminder with Zoom Webinar ID will be provided at around a week before the event.)
1 CPD hour will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro/ BEAM Affiliate Individual Accounts.
HK$75.00 (HKGBC Non-Members)
|Contact Person:||Mr Elliott TAM|
|Language:||Cantonese (supplemented with English presentation materials)|
- Seats are available on a first-come-first-served basis. Upon submission through this Online Registration Form, a seat is reserved for you.
- Please settle the fee before the event commences. At around a week before the event, email reminders of the event with the Zoom Webinar ID will be sent out to those who have successfully paid.
- The URL to join the webinar is unique to the email account that you have registered with. Please do not forward the link to other email accounts.
- No Show / Cancellation – Cancellation must be made by email to email@example.com on or before 8 Feb 2021 12:00noon. Please quote your registration number in the email. There is NO refund on absence from the event and cancellation made after the deadline.
- Certificate of attendance will be issued by email at around a week after the event.
- The CPD hour(s) will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro / BEAM Affiliate Individual Account around a week after the event.
Limited seats. First come, first served.