05 Oct 2020
CPD Webinar - Air Conditioning Strategies in Healthy Buildings
The webinar will be available at HKGBC CPD Online Training Portal (https://onlinecpdtraining.hkgbc.org.hk/index.php) later after the event. Please stay tuned.
Thank you for your support! The event is full house now.
This webinar is organised by the Hong Kong Green Building Council.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we live. As businesses and schools start to reopen, healthy buildings are the new minimum. But healthy buildings are not just a short-term need. Buildings are tools for fostering long-term occupant health, and improvements now will prepare us to manage through COVID-19 and beyond.
Carrier Global Corporation, a leading global supplier of air conditioning solutions, has long understood that technology has an important role to play in buildings and the health of their inhabitants, and has been closely involved in studies with Harvard University on healthy buildings and wellbeing.
In this presentation, Mr Paul TSUI will sum up the key points from a series of lectures delivered by Carrier and Harvard University’s T.H. Chan School of Public Health. He will then go on to discuss new technologies and strategies in air conditioning system that can contribute to healthy buildings.
- Quick review on summary of findings from a series of sponsored studies on healthy buildings by Harvard University.
- Foundation of healthy buildings and the important role of HVAC system.
- Healthy building approach in three stages: Assessment, Improvement, New Operation Technologies.
- Assessment approach to learn the gap to healthy buildings, what to do and where to focus.
- On Improvement, there are so many new products on air filtration but can they all be integrated into HVAC systems? We learned the importance of fresh air in healthy buildings, but how practical it is to increase ventilation flow in existing installations?
- New Operation Technologies: how IoT and control technologies are changing to address the new norm in Building Management System.
Speaker: Mr Paul TSUI, Deputy General Manager – System Modernization & Sustainability Solutions, Carrier Hong Kong Limited
Mr Paul Tsui holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Aeronautical Engineering from the Faculty of Fluid Dynamics from Manchester, England and also Master Degree in Business Administration from City University of Hong Kong. He has over 30 years’ diverse work experience in our local air-conditioning and mechanical ventilation field. He is a strategic player in promoting Carrier’s HVAC solutions, data analytics and energy services.
|Event Name:||CPD Webinar - Air Conditioning Strategies in Healthy Buildings|
Mr Paul TSUI
|Date:||05 Oct 2020|
|Time:||5:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
This CPD event will be conducted in the form of webinar via Zoom.
(An event reminder with Zoom Webinar ID will be provided at around a week before the event.)
1 CPD hour will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro/ BEAM Affiliate Individual Accounts.
Free of Charge
Free of Charge (HKGBC Non-Members)
|Contact Person:||Mr Elliott TAM|
|Language:||Cantonese (supplemented with English presentation materials)|