25 Jul 2020
[Postponed] CPD Event – Technical Visit to the First ArchSD MiC Project Site
(Click here to see the event flyer)
In light of the current situation relating to the COVID-19, the CPD event is postponed. Please stay tuned for further announcements.
This event is organised by the Hong Kong Green Building Council.
This technical visit is targeted at green building practitioners in developer/consultant firms who have an interest in Modular Integrated Construction (MiC). The project is the first Architectural Services Department (ArchSD) project adopting “MiC” (Modular Integrated Construction) technique on a large scale. It is a disciplined services quarters located at Pak Shing Kok, Tseung Kwan O and is built for the staff of Fire Services Department. The construction contract commenced in Q3 2018. Completion is expected in late 2020. This project consists of 5 towers that are 16-17 storeys high, each floor is made up of 8 units providing 648 units in total. The units are 50 sq.m 3-bedroom type. There are about 3,800 MiC modules. More than 1/10 of the modules have been installed on-site.
The building is still under construction. Participants are required to follow the safety instructions given by the organisers and to take necessary safety precautions during the visit. All participants are required to wear safety helmets provided by the building contractor. Participants shall note that neither HKGBC nor the parties concerned would accept liability in connection with this event.
|Event Name:||[Postponed] CPD Event – Technical Visit to the First ArchSD MiC Project Site|
ArchSD and its contractor
|Date:||25 Jul 2020|
|Time:||9:30 am - 12:00 noon|
Construction Site of Disciplined Services Quarters for the FSD at Pak Shing Kok
(Assembly Point: Tseung Kwan O MTR station; a coach will be arranged to the project site)
1.5 CPD hours will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro/ BEAM Affiliate Individual Accounts
HK$150.00 (HKGBC Non-Members)
|Contact Person:||Mr Elliott TAM|
Event Precautionary Measures
- All participants are required to wear a face mask during the visit.
- Body temperature measurement will be conducted before the visit.
- At assembly, you will have to fill in the Health Declaration Form that you have NOT had any symptoms of fever, cough, shortness of breath or other flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days; you have NOT travelled outside Hong Kong in the past 14 days; AND you have NOT been in close contact with anyone with a suspected, probable or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Participants are encouraged to dress light and casual in this visit.
- Due to conditions of insurance, participants of this event must be aged 18 to 65 as of year 2020.
- Photography and video recording are NOT allowed during the site visit.
- The building is still under construction. Participants are required to follow the safety instructions given by the organisers and to take necessary safety precautions during the visit. All participants are required to wear safety helmets provided by the building contractor.
- Participants shall note that neither HKGBC nor the parties concerned would accept liability in connection with this event.
- The event will be cancelled when the Typhoon Signal No.8 or above, or Black Rainstorm Signal is hoisted 3 hours before the event commences.
Remarks for Registration
Successful registrants will be notified by email at around 2 weeks before the event, as confirmation of enrolment. Payment for the event shall be arranged after the confirmation of enrolment. Credit card payment is NOT available for this event.