19 Jul 2019
CPD Event - Technical Visit to Siu Ho Wan Sewage Treatment Works
(Click here to see the event flyer)
Thanks for your support! The event is full house now.
Operating over 300 flood prevention and sewage treatment facilities in Hong Kong, the Drainage Services Department (DSD) is a large electricity consumer. In order to enable sustainable development of Hong Kong, as well as to combat climate change, DSD has actively adopted renewable energy and energy saving elements in its new and existing facilities. The Solar Farm at Siu Ho Wan Sewage Treatment Works (SHWSTW) is the largest of its kind in Hong Kong.
About the Solar Farm:
- The Solar Farm comprises over 4,200 polycrystalline photovoltaic (PV) panels with an installed generation capacity of 1,100 kilowatts
- It can generate as much as 1.1 million kilowatt-hours of electricity annually which account for about 20 per cent of the current annual electricity consumption of the plant
- An intelligent automatic detection system is in place to detect and identify faulty PV panels promptly and effectively
- You are encouraged to dress light and casual in this visit.
- Participants of this event must be aged 18 to 65 as of year 2019.
|Event Name:||CPD Event - Technical Visit to Siu Ho Wan Sewage Treatment Works|
Drainage Services Department
|Date:||19 Jul 2019|
|Time:||2:00pm - 4:30pm|
Siu Ho Wan Sewage Treatment Works, Cheung Tung Road, Siu Ho Wan, North Lantau (Assembly Point: Tsing Yi MTR station Exit A1)
1.5 CPD hours will be automatically uploaded to attendees' BEAM Pro/ BEAM Affiliate Individual Accounts.
HK$180.00 (HKGBC Non-Members)
|Contact Person:||Mr Elliott Tam|