We believe every individual living on the earth is accountable for and capable of creating a better environment. To achieve the ultimate goal of sustainable built environment, WSBE17 Hong Kong not only gathers experts to discuss the professional aspects, but also aims to boost the public awareness on “going-green”
This year, Hong Kong Green Building Week (HKGBW)
, an annual territory-wide public campaign co-organised by the CIC and HKGBC, will tie in with WSBE17 Hong Kong to maximise the public impact on promoting environmental protection. The young generation is our future. To form a green lifestyle and habit, we start from children and youth. “Hong Kong – My Green City”
drawing competition invited Primary school students to set free their imagination and paint their visions of Hong Kong as a green city. We are thrilled to have received 485 entries within a month and the juries have just shortlisted 26 entries. The 2 winning pieces will be printed on WSBE17 Hong Kong conference bags and all the shortlisted entries will be exhibited at the conference venue. The children’s creativity could be shared to the 1,800 experts from around the world!
The result will be announced soon. Want to make a guess which are the 2 winning pieces? Click the image below to view all creative entries and email us the entry numbers by 28 Apr 2017
. Spread the words, join the game and win the prize*! * Only WSBE17 Hong Kong Conference delegates are eligible to join the game.
* The first 10 delegates replying with correct answers will win a prize.
* If fewer than 10 delegates get both answers correct, the quickest responses with only one correct answer may also win the prize.
* The prize can only be redeemed at the conference venue during the Conference period. What’s more? Besides, a series of community engagement activities will be held alongside with WSBE17 Hong Kong:
Stay tuned, children and young people’s imagination and capability could always surprise you! With the joint efforts of the experts and the community, we can create a prettier, greener, friendlier and more sustainable environment for our future!
- “WSBE17 Hong Kong International Youth Competition”: 8 shortlisted teams will present their brilliant ideas on Conference Day 2 and display their entries at WSBE17 Hong Kong. The Organisers will soon invite local tertiary students to attend the session as well as the Conference.
- “Green Ambassador Pitch”: Also a part of the HKGBW, the youth will construct a plan to combat climate change and present their ideas during WSBE17 Hong Kong. Come and hear their plans on Conference Day 3 during lunch time.
- “My Green Space” Green Building School Competition: Students are encouraged to develop their ideal green space and apply green building concepts in real-life built environment. Visit the mini exhibition of winning entries at the conference venue to witness their creativity.