(Effective 4 September 2019, with clarifications added on 16 Jan 2020)
The BEAM Plus New Buildings (NB) Version 2.0 is launched for registration on 4 September 2019.
To facilitate a smooth migration, a grace period of 2 years (4 September 2019 to 31 August 2021) (the "Grace Period") with the following transitional arrangements will be implemented accordingly:
- New Registration
- Projects will be allowed to opt for registration and assessment under NB version 1.2 or version 2.0 on or before 31 August 2021. For projects that opt for assessment under NB version 1.2, online submission at HKGBC website should be completed before 6:00 pm, 31 August 2021. Thereafter, only version 2.0 will be accepted for registration.
- Applicants must commence Provisional Assessment (PA) and provide the first submission within 2 years upon the issuance date of the registration Acknowledgement Letter. Failure to meet the submission deadline will render the project to be assessed under version 2.0 only. And the assessment fee will be adjusted in accordance with the prevailing fee scale.
- Projects Registered before 4 September 2019
- Projects registered with NB version 1.1 or version 1.2 with PA not yet commenced can choose to undergo the assessment with the registered version or upgrade to version 2.0 during the Grace Period. Both HKGBC and BSL shall be informed of the change of version.
- Projects registered with NB version 1.1 or version 1.2 with PA not yet commenced after the Grace Period are deemed to adopt version 2.0 for the assessment if such substitution of the version of the assessment Tool is provided in the Agreement. BSL will coordinate with HKGBC to effect the change of registration data.
- On-going Projects (i.e. Provisional / Final Assessment commenced before 4 September 2019)
- For registered projects under NB version 1.1 or 1.2 with PA/ Final Assessment (FA) process commenced, the assessment will be conducted in accordance with the versions used in PA until completion.
- Applicants may also opt to stop the assessment process under NB version 1.1 or 1.2 by withdrawing their current registration and re-register to go for assessment under NB version 2.0.
- If Applicants choose option as stated in (3b) above, there will be no refund for the assessment fee since work has been done partially or even fully and resources have been committed with no recourse to recoup. The applicants are also required to pay the full assessment fee for NB version 2.0 according to the prevailing fee scale.
- For registered projects under NB version 1.1 or 1.2 with PA completed, the same version used in PA shall be adopted in FA.
- Incentive for upgrading to NB version 2.0
A total of 6 no. of free CIR for each project would be granted for the following:
- Registered Projects under NB version 1.1/ 1.2 with PA not yet commenced and opt for assessment under NB version 2.0 during the Grace Period;
- New register projects under NB version 2.0 during the Grace Period.